Friday, April 5, 2013

The Meeting.

Report #68 2013, April 5th.

Yesterday, late night, I went into town to meet up with my brother. We agreed to meet up at a motel's cafe, in which he was staying. Of course before I walked in, I spent good 30 minutes scanning the place from a distance, with my binoculars I scanned trough every window, every floor, looking for anything that smelled of Russian government, or Trash. I also scanned the structure of the building, so I could use something as an urgent exit. Thinking up about 23 escape plans, and 6 battle plans, I went in.

It was a regular looking motel, a regular looking cafe, nothing out of place. There weren't many people in the cafe, probably due to the fact that it was pretty late, yet there were some people there, which got me on my toes, those people could be disguised KGB agents, but that suspicion fell off instantly when I saw there was a child amongst those people, a child could not be a KGB agent, so I was in the clear, but I still stayed on edge, because an Agent undercover could be anyone, especially a part of the motels staff.

I saw Vikady sitting at a table which had place only for two people, he noticed me and signaled to come over and sit down. While walking towards him, I scanned him, no doubt he had a gun on himself, I tried to see where it was, but to no avail.

As soon as I sat down, both of us pointed our guns at each other under the table, it was clear none of us was trusting each other. But him pointing a gun at me, was his mistake, because he just eliminated the theory of there being any KGB agents in the building, if there were, he wouldn't feel the need to point his gun at me.

The following conversation was recorded by me.

V: "Good to finally see you after so many long years, its a pity your face is covered up like that, I would like to see how many wrinkles you have on your face now."

I: "What do you want?"

V: "Always straight to the point, thats what I always liked about you."

I: "Stop wasting my time and get on with it."

V: "Theres not much to "get on with" since I already told you what I want, I want to help you."

I: "Why?"

V: "Oh my God your like a broken record, I already told you why."

I: "Not giving me much of a reason to trust you."

V: "Even if I gave you a different reason, you still wouldn't trust me, thats how your still alive, isn't it?"

After that remark, he let out that cocky smile, he was proud of himself because he knew what kind of person I was and he could use it to his advantage.

Before I could answer a waitress interrupted us, asking us what we would like.

V: "Oh my dear, I would love some coffee, thank you."

That sudden sophisticated tone, he always loved showing off in front of attractive woman, putting on that fake sophisticated look and tone, by God it pissed me off, along with his smirk, everything about him pissed me off, I was ready to pull the trigger.

I: "Water."

After that the waitress walked off, leaving both of us alone, pointing dangerous firearms at each other.

V: "So what now Incogny? Am I in? I know for a fact after your old friend had passed on, it was a lot more harder for you to survive."

I: "You sound like you know the problem, well let me tell you, you don't. No matter how much you had red about IT, IT is nothing like anyone can write, or describe."

V: "You know that won't scare me away, the fact that I don't know the actual problem intrigues me even more. The greater question here is why are you telling me that?"

I: "Because you clearly have no idea what your getting yourself into and I don't need whiners, breakdowns, anger issues, I don't need friends, nor enemies, I don't need people going along with me, who can compromise my ten years of survival!"

I was clearly losing my patience by this point, good thing the waitress came back with our drinks, I needed something to cool off, was awkward drinking with my left hand, since my right hand was kind of occupied.

V: "Oh trust me, there will be no "buddy buddy" in our relationship, knowing you, you wouldn't simply allow it. You despise me, you hate me for what I did, while I don't really hate you, I have no reason to be friends with you, I did always like to annoy you."

He took a sip of his coffee.

V: "It will be only a professional relationship, nothing else, I am willing to be your database and armory, as long as you are willing to be my weapon. One of us dies, we move on, just the way you want it."

I: "And what if you lose control? What if you get possessed by IT or something?"

V: "Don't play dumb, you know the answer to that, you kill me and enjoy it. You did start to enjoy killing didn't you?"

A couple of minutes of silence, the only sounds breaking up that silence, were the sounds of either him sipping his coffee, or me drinking my water.

I: "Alright, you're in. But you stay here, I won't disclose the location of the catacombs, I don't trust you enough to do that."

I handed him a mobile phone, it has only one number in it, mine.

I: "You contact me only trough this mobile phone, I know you have all the required equipment in your motel room, from now on your my supplier and my database."

V: "Anything else?"

I: "Cut all ties with the agency, simply disappear."

V: "Why, Incogny didn't you know? They think your long dead, they released me three years ago and all that time I was tracking you. Once I started coming up with results, I never showed the results to them. Eventually they abandoned the case and labeled you as dead, once I found out that they closed the case, I knew I was going to be either disposed of, or sent back to prison."

I: "So you cut the ties with them."

V: "Exactly, so thats all well and done."

I: "And they stopped looking for me 3 years ago?"

V: "At least thats what I heard."

I: "Right, I will contact you when I will be in need of any information and equipment."

I put my gun away, as he did his, his right arm was moving.

As I was walking away I could hear him clapping, I hated it. That clap, it is something he always used to do when he was satisfied, he clapped in a sophisticated manner, which only showed how much he was full of himself.

As much as I don't like allying myself with a criminal, this is a person I spent most of my lifetime with, I know him and I can use everything I know about him against him, as can he against me. He was right when he said that it had become a lot more harder to survive, since Twitch passed on, Twitch handled everything, he mended my wounds, he looked for information, hacked numerous bank accounts in order to give us some money to survive, everything was on him. I need a person like that, I am getting older, my biological clock is ticking, running out of time and it is starting to become harder to survive with each day. Vikady fits the roll of that person perfectly, but if I see one slip up, I cut him lose.

After that I came back to my catacombs and fell asleep to the sound of the same whispers. Once I got better, the girl that was reading bed time stories, had disappeared. It's been harder to fall asleep since.

Report #68 Ended.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see there's someone you're on non shooty in the face terms with... at least tangentially. Resources, too, are always useful. Don't let his dickishness get to you.

    Sir, I was pondering on what you said about "it"'s possible connection to Nazi Germany, and consequently the Holocaust. I wonder if "it" has been present in other atrocities? There are unfortunately so many to choose from. Nanking or Katyn massacre, perhaps. Does that make these places potential "checkpoints"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that could very well be a possibility. Only thing that argues that logic is that those massacres were carried out orders. For example The Katyn Massacre was an order carried out by the Soviet union. It was an execution of Polish Officers carried out by The Soviet Soldiers. The only thing I see which connects to IT, is that this execution took place in a forest.

      Thought it's a good theory and I am sure IT was somehow, a part of these events. Does that make those places to be checkpoints? I really can't say, since Kelevra knows that sort of stuff. But I would presume that no, Black Forest was a place where IT gained IT's meal, the fear of that forest, brought IT strength. So IT decided to make IT a checkpoint, a hot spot, where IT could get a quick meal.

      But thats just an assumption.

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete
    2. Thank you sir, I was hoping a former KGB agent would know more about it than me. I didn't know it was in a forest.

      Maybe one day I will visit the Black Forest; there must be something striking about it for it to be a possible chosen place for a checkpoint. Or maybe it's the other way round; I dunno.

      The concept of checkpoints -- are we assuming IT has access to another dimension or realm or whatever? Would there be a way to close said checkpoints and "lock" IT in? I couldn't care less about killing the thing, if IT can be subdued then I'd be OK with that.

      I guess I'll see, if IT shows up.

      Delete
    3. I doubt we would be able to trap IT, since IT is potentially the creator of said checkpoints, nothing stops IT from creating more, and I'm sure theres more checkpoints out there than The Black Forest.

      I think the usage of Checkpoints was when IT was weak and actually couldn't teleport from place to place, like IT does today, I'm assuming that back then IT needed to feast up, gain energy and The Black Forest was a perfect place to set up a checkpoint at, since people had come up with those stories about The Tall Man to scare their kids (Dumb asses).

      Once IT gained more strength throughout the years, I think IT since has forgotten about the checkpoints IT set up in the beginning. Since It doesn't really have to use them anymore. But thats just a theory.

      I hope IT doesn't show up for you.

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete